Introduction / Profile Summary:
AGGEM Cameroon in 2009 as self-motivated group of individuals and community based organizations dedicated to influencing policies aimed at safeguarding the environment and promoting sustainable development. AGGEM’s mission is to engage with households, community groups and businesses and harnessing their potentials to build sustainable communities. Focus of AGGEM’s work is on self-help, community driven interventions for greater environmental stewardship, job creation and youth entrepreneurship. We initiate and take the lead in processes that enhance good governance through collaboration and building of synergies with other development partners locally, nationally and internationally that contribute to the sustainable development.
AGGEM Cameroon is legally registered not-for-profit Association under the Cameroon Law of Associations, reference. No. 71/E.29/Vol.8/APPB.
Mission / Goal / Objective Statement:
AGGEM Cameroon is a self-motivated group dedicated to influencing policies and actions at all levels aimed at safeguarding the environment and promoting sustainable development.
Engaging with households, groups and businesses harnessing their power to build sustainable communities.
1. To enhance the role of households, groups, business, institutions and communities in safeguarding the environments.
2. Strengthen respect for environmental policy and enhanced partnerships with other actors.
3. Enhance youth leadership skills for environmental governance.
4. Contribute to enhance Cameroon civil transparency, accountability, legitimacy and participation in national development.
5. Strengthen AGGEM’s organisational capacity.